August 19, 2026 12:49 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
India | China

India, China troops engage in brief clash at Tawang Sector of Arunachal Pradesh, both sides disengage

| @indiablooms | Dec 13, 2022, at 04:02 am

New Delhi/IBNS: Indian and Chinese troops briefly clashed at the Line of Actual Control (LAC) in Arunachal Pradesh last week before disengaging, media reports said Monday.

The face-off took place on Dec 9 and led to "minor injuries to a few personnel from both sides".

Following the brief clash, the two sides "immediately disengaged from the area".

The face-off took place at the Tawang Sector of Arunachal Pradesh. Chinese troops crossed the LAC, which was contested by Indian soldiers in a "firm and resolute manner".

"On 09 December 2022, PLA troops contacted the LAC in Tawang Sector which was contested by their own troops in a firm and resolute manner. This face-off led to minor injuries to a few personnel from both sides," sources said.

According to reports, the Chinese had come with 300 soldiers but the Indian side was prepared as well, said reports.

Both sides immediately disengaged from the area. As a follow-up of the incident, the Commander in the area held a flag meeting with his counterpart to discuss the issue in accordance with structured mechanisms to restore peace and tranquillity.

At least 6 jawans received injuries and were brought to Guwahati for treatment.

This is the first reported clash between Indian and Chinese troops since skirmishes at Eastern Ladakh.

The worst of these clashes broke out at Galwan Valley in June 2020, when 20 Indian soldiers were martyred and over 40 Chinese soldiers were killed or injured.

The incident set off a series of confrontations between the two nations, including one at the South Bank of Pangong Lake.

After multiple commanders-level talks, Indian and Chinese troops pulled back from key points including Gogra-Hot Springs in Ladakh.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.