August 19, 2026 03:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit
Hajj
Image: Pixabay

Haj 2023: As many as 10,000 people from Jammu and Kashmir to perform holy pilgrimage this year

| @indiablooms | Apr 02, 2023, at 12:30 am

As many as 10,000 people from Jammu and Kashmir will perform the sacred Haj pilgrimage this time, media reports said.

Officials told  Good Morning Kashmir that 1320 people, above 70-years of age and 132 women who had applied without mahram, will also perform the Haj 2023.

Talking to the news agency KNO, Haj Executive Officer, Abdul Salam Mir said that a total of 14271 applications had been received for Hajj-2023.

“For the first time, women without Mahram have been allowed to go for the pilgrimage. 132 female applicants without mahram have been selected this year. 1320 people who are above 70 years of age have also been selected under Reserved Category,” Mir said.

He said that 14,000 applications were received for Haj 2023 from the people of J&K. Earlier, Saudi government had barred the intending pilgrims above 70 years age in view of the Covid pandemic in year 2020 and 2021.

However, the Saudi government recently announced that pilgrims above 70 years of age will be given priority and for the first time the Saudi government also allowed female pilgrims without mahram to perform the holy pilgrimage of Haj.

“The draw of lots through random digital selection was held on Friday after 3:00 pm,” he said. “The list of successful Intending Haj Pilgrims shall be published next day (Saturday) besides uploading the same on the official website of J&K Haj Committee www.jkshc.org,” said an official communique from the Haj house J&K.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.