May 12, 2026 04:08 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Suvendu Adhikari Cabinet clears BSF land transfer, census rollout, Ayushman Bharat in Bengal | Mamata govt's welfare schemes to continue: Bengal CM Suvendu Adhikari after first cabinet meeting | ‘One of life’s most emotional moments’: PM Modi performs grand Mahapuja at Somnath Temple | UPI trail cracks Suvendu Adhikari aide Chandranath Rath murder case; three arrested | Totally unacceptable: Trump rejects Iran’s peace plan in explosive showdown | Big defence boost: India successfully tests advanced Agni MIRV missile | India, Singapore unite for tough action against terror and transnational crime | TVK crosses majority mark with VCK, IUML support | I bow before Bengal: PM Modi’s powerful gesture at Suvendu Adhikari’s oath goes viral | Bengal turns a new page: Suvendu Adhikari takes oath as CM amid massive NDA show of strength
US deploys more troops as Trump says Iran conflict could end soon amid tensions.
Iran War
US reinforces military presence in Middle East despite Trump’s optimism on Iran conflict. Photo: AI composition by Google Gemini

Trump says Iran war nearly over while US sends 10,000 more troops to Middle East

| @indiablooms | Apr 15, 2026, at 09:20 pm

Donald Trump has indicated that the ongoing conflict with Iran could conclude soon, even as the United States continues to strengthen its military presence in the Middle East.

The statement comes amid ongoing tensions linked to the blockade of the Strait of Hormuz and concerns surrounding Tehran’s nuclear programme.

More troops deployed

Despite remarks suggesting a potential resolution, reports indicate that the United States is deploying nearly 10,000 additional troops to the region.

Around 6,000 personnel are positioned aboard the USS George H.W. Bush and accompanying vessels.

A further 4,200 troops from the Boxer Amphibious Ready Group and the 11th Marine Expeditionary Unit are expected to arrive later this month.

These reinforcements will add to approximately 50,000 US personnel already operating in the Gulf region.

Expanded naval presence

The US military presence has expanded with three aircraft carriers—USS Abraham Lincoln, USS Gerald R. Ford and USS George H.W. Bush—now deployed in or near Middle Eastern waters.

This enhanced deployment significantly increases operational capability in the region, reflecting continued preparedness amid uncertain developments.

Naval blockade targets Iran’s trade

Washington has intensified pressure on Tehran by enforcing a naval blockade targeting Iranian ports.

US warships operating across the Gulf of Oman and the Arabian Sea have intercepted vessels and redirected them, with no reported clashes so far.

The operation aims to restrict Iran’s oil exports, a key component of its economy, while maintaining control over maritime activity in the region.

Oil markets react to rising tensions

Global oil markets have responded to the developments, with prices climbing back above $96 per barrel amid concerns over potential disruption in the Strait of Hormuz, a critical route for global energy supplies.

Trump linked the conflict’s outcome to fuel prices, stating that a resolution involving Iran’s nuclear programme could lead to a significant decline in global energy costs.

Iran warns of broader trade disruptions

Iran has issued warnings over possible countermeasures if the blockade continues.

Officials indicated that Tehran could consider restricting trade routes across the Persian Gulf, the Gulf of Oman and the Red Sea.

Statements carried by Iranian state media suggested that the country’s armed forces may act to prevent trade flows in these key maritime corridors.

Ceasefire uncertainty and ongoing talks

A fragile ceasefire between the United States and Iran remains in place, with its deadline approaching on April 22.

Officials confirmed that discussions between both sides are ongoing, though no formal extension has been announced.

The situation continues to evolve as diplomatic engagement proceeds alongside heightened military preparedness.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.