August 18, 2026 04:39 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Quetta hospital blast: At least 53 casualties reported

| | Aug 08, 2016, at 08:14 pm
Quetta, Pakistan, Aug 8 (IBNS): The casualties in the Quetta civil hospital explosion have risen to 53, while 57 others are reportedly injured, media reports said.

Geo News reported that the blast took place inside a civil hospital premises, after the body of Balochistan Bar Association President Bilal Kasi was brought to the emergency department.

Kasi was shot at Mano Road on Monday morning.

Former Balochistan Bar President Baz Muhammad Kakar was also fatally wounded in the attack, reports said.

A state of emergency has been declared in Quetta hospitals.

No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.

The attack was condemned by Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif, who was quoted in the media as saying, "No one will be allowed to disrupt the peace of the province."

Meanwhile,  following the explosion, Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri said that Indian intelligence agency Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) is behind the ghastly attack, reports said.

Speaking to Geo News, Zehri said that the explosion was a suicide attack.

Zehri was quoted by the media as saying, "We will not bow down before terrorists." 


 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.