August 17, 2026 09:55 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Pakistan
Image: Twitter video grab

Pakistan: Passenger train derails in Nawabshah, 30 die

| @indiablooms | Aug 07, 2023, at 02:31 am

Nawabshah: At least 30 people died and 80 others were hurt after 10 bogies of Havelian-bound Hazara Express derailed close to the  Sahara Railway Station in Pakistan's Nawabshah district on Sunday.

Commissioner Benazirabad division Abbas Baloch said in a statement that at least 30 died in the incident while passengers are still stranded in a bogie, reports Geo News.

He said a relief train will arrive at the scene soon.

Emergency has been imposed in the local hospitals following the mishap.

Benazirabad Deputy Inspector General of Police Younis Chandio told Geo News that nine out of 10 wrecked bogies had been cleared, with injured and deceased being pulled out.

He said the remaining bogie needs heavy machinery to be removed from the spot.

The reason behind the mishap is still not known.

Following the train crash, rail service to and from the interior districts of Sindh was suspended.

Authorities believe it may take up to 18 hours to restore operation on the line.

Federal Railway Minister's reaction:

Federal Minister for Railways and Aviation Khawaja Saad Rafique, during a press conference, said someone could have "deliberately" caused the accident and it could also be a mechanical fault.

"First, we will provide relief and then investigate. Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah is reaching the site. Emergency has been imposed in hospitals in Sukkur," the federal minister was quoted as saying by Geo News.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.