August 18, 2026 12:35 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar

Nepal: Blasts in Kathmandu kills 4

| @indiablooms | May 27, 2019, at 10:07 am

Kathmandu, may 27 (IBNS/UNI): Multiple blasts rocked Nepal's capital Kathmandu city on Sunday and left at least four people killed, media reports said on Monday.

The blasts reportedly left seven others injured.

As per preliminary reports, two people died when a cooking gas cylinder exploded inside a hair salon in Sukedhara while one person died in Ghattekulo in the cylinder blast.

According to police, the cylinders that exploded could have been improvised as explosive devices or could have been planned for planting them somewhere in the capital by the members of the Communist Party of Nepal led by Chand, which had given a call for general strike on Monday.

Police official Shyam Lal Gyawali told BBC three of those killed died "on the spot", while the fourth died in hospital. 

The bombings were the deadliest since the government imposed a ban on activities of Netra Birkram Chand-led Communist Party of Nepal on March 12 following a blast outside Ncell office in Nakkhu that killed one person, reported The Himalayan Times.

Though no one has claimed responsibility for the blasts, Nepal Police suspects the hand of CPN, the newspaper report further said.

The bombings took place on the eve of a strike called by CPN.

Security forces reached the spots after the blasts.

An investigation is currently underway.

Earlier in February also the Chand-led outfit carried out at a blast in Nakkhu in which one eprson was killed while two others were injured.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.