August 18, 2026 03:41 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change | ‘Vulgarity and disgust’: DMK attacks Vijay over Trisha salute at I-Day event | ‘Take Gyanesh Kumar to the US’: Congress mocks Trump over praise for India’s voter ID system | Big relief for Imran Khan: Pakistan Supreme Court orders hospital transfer amid health fears | Trump praises India’s voter ID system, pushes SAVE America Act | Trump's shock threat to bomb Oman: US President warns ally over Iran deal and Hormuz crisis | Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit

Haqqani network leader pleads not guilty of carrying recent attacks in newly released tapes

| | Jun 12, 2017, at 05:44 pm
Kabul, Jun 12 (IBNS): The Haqqani network, who has been held responsible for the recent series of attacks in Afghanistan, has pleaded not guilty of carrying them, in a newly released tape by its leader.

According to Afghan state- run news agency Khaama Press, Sirajuddin Haqqani, who is the network's leader and the deputy supreme leader of the Taliban group, has rejected all allegations against both the terrorist organisations.

Haqqani has further said that both the Taliban and Haqqani network never carry out attacks in public places.

The tapes were distributed to media by Taliban group spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid, the agency reported.

However, Haqqani has said that they will continue to revolt against the government until all foreign forces are withdrawn from Afghanistan.

So far, during this ongoing Ramadan, over 200 people have died in Afghanistan, owing to a series of attacks.

Meanwhile, the Afghan government has resorted to their earlier claim and said that they have credible information and sources, all of which points towards the Haqqani network as the mastermind behind the attacks.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.