August 18, 2026 03:23 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rishabh Pant scripts history! Indian wicketkeeper-batter joins elite 100-sixes club in Test cricket | BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort

Afghanistan : ISIS suffer heavy casualties in latest US airstrikes

| @indiablooms | Oct 19, 2017, at 07:28 pm
Kabul, Oct 19 (IBNS) : Militants affiliated with the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) terrorist group suffered heavy casualties in the latest airstrikes conducted by the US forces in eastern Nangarhar province of Afghanistan, local Khaama Press reported. .

Quoting a statement issued by the  provincial police commandment, the report said that the latest airstrikes were carried out in the past 24 hours in Nazian and Achin districts of the province.

The statement further added that 23 ISIS militants were killed in total in the airstrikes and another militant was wounded.

The first airstrike was carried out using the unmanned aerial vehicles in Bandar Dara area of Achin district earlier today, leaving at least 11 militants dead, the statement said.

The police commandment said the second airstrike was carried out in Abdal Khola area of Nazian district few hours later, leaving at least 12 militants dead and another one wounded.

Several weapons, ammunition, and explosives were also destroyed in the airstrikes, the police commandment said, adding that the local residents did not suffer any casualties.

The anti-government armed militant groups have not commented regarding the report so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.