August 18, 2026 09:23 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
BJP reshuffles top organisation seven months after Nitin Nabin's elevation | West Bengal STF arrests suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | ‘Very hopeful’: Indian envoy Dinesh Trivedi breaks silence on PM Tarique Rahman’s proposed India visit | Shehzad Poonawalla doubles down on BJP exit, urges party to accept resignation | Tarapith tragedy: Seven pilgrims killed as hotel goes up in flames before dawn | Bengal STF nabs suspected aide of ISI 'agent' Rana Rauf in Kolkata | After SC rebuke, BCI chief apologises to NALSAR students over enrolment freeze row | Independence Day: PM Modi’s big youth pitch— AI training, free coaching amid exam row and job concerns | ‘Shakti Ki Saptadhara’: Modi reveals 7 pillars to power India’s next leap in his I-Day speech from Red Fort | West Bengal STF arrests 3 more suspected Pakistani spies in Cooch Behar
Afghanistan
Image: Wikimedia Commons

Afghan forces prevent two separate car bomb attacks by Taliban militants

| @indiablooms | Nov 10, 2020, at 10:20 pm

Kabul/Sputnik: The Afghan forces thwarted two car bomb attacks planned by the Taliban, the Maiwand 215th Corps said in a Tuesday statement.

One attack was intended to target a security checkpoint in the Abpashak area of the Gereshk district in Afghanistan’s southern Helmand province, the Maiwand Corps said. The second attack was planned by a different group of Taliban militants, on a different security checkpoint.

Both of the attacks were prevented by the Afghan forces.

"As a result of the second attack, nine Taliban and terrorist insurgents were killed and all their plans, including a car bomb, were destroyed ," the Maiwand Corps said.
However, a security source said that two soldiers were killed in the military operations and two others were wounded. Three servicemen remain missing, the source said.

Meanwhile Shamshad TV reported citing police on Tuesday that at least four security servicemen were killed and another 15 people, including 10 civilians, were injured in a car bomb attack in Afghanistan’s northern Faryab Province.

No group has claimed responsibility for the car bomb blast in Faryab so far. 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.