August 20, 2026 06:21 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences | Kolkata hotel fire: 9 Bangladeshi nationals, including women and a child, die in massive blaze | Tarun Tejpal faces life term? Goa govt moves Supreme Court after 2013 rape conviction | Supreme Court rejects ‘less painful’ death penalty plea, but leaves door open for future change
Ranveer Singh
Ranveer Singh gets relief from the federation after his legal notice. Photo: IBNS File (modified by ChatGPT)

FWICE backs down! Ranveer Singh's non-cooperation notice withdrawn after legal move

| @indiablooms | Jun 03, 2026, at 04:05 pm

Mumbai/IBNS: The Federation of Western India Cine Employees (FWICE) has withdrawn its non-cooperation directive against Bollywood actor Ranveer Singh, bringing an end to a controversy that erupted following his exit from Farhan Akhtar's upcoming film Don 3, media reports said.

Industry Bodies Intervene

According to reports, the federation decided to revoke the directive after intervention by the Indian Motion Picture Producers' Association (IMPA), the Producers Guild of India, and the Cine and TV Artistes' Association.

FWICE reportedly said it had been advised by the three industry bodies to arrive at a solution that would not adversely affect any of the parties involved.

Legal Notice From Ranveer

Interestingly, the withdrawal comes shortly after Ranveer Singh sent a legal notice to FWICE in response to the directive served on him last month.

The legal move is believed to have played a role in accelerating discussions aimed at resolving the dispute.

What are the allegations against Ranveer?

FWICE had issued a “non-cooperation directive” against the actor over his abrupt exit from the upcoming film Don 3.

According to multiple media reports, the dispute began after filmmaker Farhan Akhtar and producer Ritesh Sidhwani allegedly complained that Ranveer walked out of the project just weeks before shooting, causing major financial losses and production disruption.

FWICE claimed the film had been in development for nearly three years and that the actor’s exit affected several workers associated with the production.

The federation had reportedly directed its members — including technicians and crew unions — not to work with Ranveer until the matter was resolved.

Reports further claim the producers were seeking damages worth around Rs 40–45 crore.

Another reason cited by the federation is that Ranveer allegedly failed to respond satisfactorily to multiple notices issued to him regarding the matter.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.