February 22, 2026 01:32 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

N Korean state-run media confirms successful test of super-large multiple rocket launchers

| @indiablooms | Nov 01, 2019, at 10:13 am

Moscow/Sputnik/UNI: North Korea's Academy of Defense Science has confirmed a successful test of super-large multiple rocket launchers, the state-run KCNA news agency reported early on Friday, adding that the country's leader, Kim Jong Un, had expressed his satisfaction over the launch.

On Thursday, the South Korean Joint Chiefs of Staff said Pyongyang had fired two short-range missiles from the Phyongannamdo province's city of Sunchon to a range of around 370 kilometers (229 miles) and an altitude reaching around 90 kilometers.


The KCNA reported that the Central Committee of the Workers' Party had been informed about the successful test launch on the spot.


Since July, North Korea has activated its weapons tests in violation of UNSC resolutions. On Thursday, the United Nations expressed hope that Pyongyang would re-engage in its negotiations on denuclearization with Washington.


The two countries have been engaged in off-and-on negotiations on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula for months. Their negotiators met for a working meeting for the most recent time in early October in Stockholm.


However, the meeting abruptly finished without any agreement. North Korea said the United States had not taken Pyongyang’s demands into account, something denied by Washington.  

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.