February 21, 2026 04:54 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Twitter video grab

London stabbing incident: Attacker identified as Sudesh Amman

| @indiablooms | Feb 03, 2020, at 09:25 am

London/IBNS: Police on Sunday shot dead a man after he stabbed three persons in London city.

Police identified the attacker as Sudesh Amman.

"The suspect has not yet been formally identified however, given the circumstance of the incident, we are confident that he was Sudesh Amman, aged 20," the Metropolitian Police said in a statement.

The suspect had been recently released from prison where he had been serving a sentence for Islamist-related terrorism offences, read the statement further.

Giving details of the attack, police said armed officers, who were part of a proactive counter-terrorism surveillance operation and were following the suspect on foot, were in immediate attendance and shot a male suspect dead at the scene.

Three people, who were injured in the attack, were taken by ambulance to south London hospitals. 

They have been identified as a man and two women.

None of them are said to be in a life-threatening condition.

Deputy Assistant Commissioner Lucy D'Orsi said: "The situation has been contained and officers from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command are now leading an investigation into the incident. The incident was quickly declared as a terrorist incident and we believe it to be Islamist-related."

Detectives from the Met’s Counter Terrorism Command continue to carry out fast-time enquiries into the circumstances of the attack in Streatham High Road.

Search warrants are being carried out at two residential addresses in the south London and Bishop's Stortford areas respectively.

No arrests have been made and enquiries continue at pace.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.