February 21, 2026 08:32 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

Eight killed, dozens injured in Indonesia's bus crash

| @indiablooms | Jan 19, 2020, at 05:38 pm

Jakarta/Xinhua/UNI: Eight people were killed and 30 others wounded when a passenger bus overturned in Indonesia's West Java province on Saturday, media reported on Sunday.

The driver was believed to have failed controlling the vehicle when passing the way-down Palasari road in Subang district, said district police Chief Teddy Fanani.

Consequently, when the bus was reaching a sharp bend, it rolled over and stopped moving on the road, he said.

The bus was carrying 58 domestic travellers who wished to visit the tourist destination of Tangkuban Perahu volcano in the province's district of Bandung Barat.

So far, Fanani said, the cause of the fatal crash has not been found as the police are still conducting an investigation on the case.

Meanwhile, spokesman for the provincial police Saptono Erlangga said that 10 people suffered from serious wounds and 20 others got minor injuries.

All the victims of Saturday's fatal accident have been rushed to nearby Ciereng General Hospital in the district, he said.

The provincial police have banned old buses from passing a narrow and slopping route in the province's Puncak tourist resort following scores of bus accidents. Lacking of safety standards was blamed for the fatal bus crashes.  

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.