February 21, 2026 08:10 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Egypt confirms 3rd case of novel coronavirus: ministry

| @indiablooms | Mar 05, 2020, at 07:03 pm

Cairo/Xinhua: Egypt's Health Ministry and the World Health Organization said in a joint statement Thursday that an Egyptian citizen was tested positive for the novel coronavirus, bringing the number of confirmed cases inside Egypt to three.

"The case is a 44-year-old Egyptian citizen returning from Serbia who had transited via France for 12 hours," said the statement released by Egyptian Health Ministry's spokesman Khaled Megahed.

Megahed said that upon his return to Egypt, the person did not show any symptoms. "However, minor symptoms have appeared a few days later."
According to the statement, the affected went to a hospital where he was tested positive on Thursday.

"The case is being transferred to hospital for quarantine where he will receive the necessary medical care," the spokesman said, adding that the ministry is currently taking strict preventive measures regarding those who were in contact with the person.

He added that the health ministry has raised the utmost degree of readiness in all airports and ports across the country to follow any new developments of the virus.

Egypt's health ministry has previously announced that two foreigners were confirmed infected with the virus inside Egypt, adding that the first person has fully recovered.

Since the outbreak of the epidemic, Egypt has adopted an integrated plan which covers early detection, quarantine and treatment measures, as well as raising public awareness, he added.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.