February 21, 2026 06:34 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit

Coronavirus: Death toll rises to 106 in China

| @indiablooms | Jan 28, 2020, at 10:19 am

Beijing/UNI/Sputnik: As many as 106 people died by the pneumonia caused by the novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) here, Chinese health authorities announced on Tuesday.

According to the People's daily, the total number of confirmed cases in China was 4,515.

The National Health Commission said in its daily report that 976 patients remained in critical conditions, and 6,973 people were suspected of being infected with the virus as of the end of Monday.

As many as 60 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery.

The virus is thought to have originated from a market where wildlife was sold illegally. 

Meanwhile, the Russian embassy in Beijing is discussing with the Chinese side the organization of Russian citizens’ evacuation from Hubei province, the epicenter of a new coronavirus outbreak, with China preferring to maintain the current regime of stay for foreigners in the province, the diplomatic mission said.

On Saturday, press officer of the Russian embassy in China, Georgy Egorov, said that Moscow was working with Beijing on the evacuation of 140 Russian citizens from Wuhan in Hubei province.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.