February 21, 2026 09:59 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

Airstrikes kill 34 Turkish soldiers in Syria's Idlib: monitor

| @indiablooms | Feb 28, 2020, at 12:36 pm

Damascus/Xinhua/UNI Airstrikes on rebel-held areas in Syria's northwestern province of Idlib on Thursday killed 34 Turkish soldiers, a war monitor reported.

Russian and Syrian airstrikes targeted the area between the towns of Bara and Bilion in Idlib countryside, killing 34 Turkish soldiers amid reports on more casualties, said the Syrian Observatory for Human Rights.

This comes as tension heightened on Thursday as Russia accused Turkey of providing the rebels in Idlib with mobile anti-aircraft launchers that targeted Russian warplanes without downing any.
The UK-based watchdog group said the Syrian Army continued to advance in the northwestern countryside of Hama province in central Syria and the southern countryside of Idlib, becoming 17 km from the strategic city of Jisr al-Shughour.

Battles also continued to rage around the city of Saraqeb in the eastern Idlib countryside, said the Observatory. It added that the Turkey-backed rebels captured Saraqeb and cut off the M5 highway linking Damascus with Aleppo.
Securing the highway was the aim of a two-month-long Syrian operation in Idlib.

Earlier this week, the Syrian Army announced securing the highway.
Local reports said the Russian-backed army is launching a counter-offensive to re-open the M5. 

Image: Wikimedia Commons

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.