February 21, 2026 02:35 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

West Indies player Darren Bravo found guilty of Level 1 offence

| | Sep 18, 2014, at 05:05 am
Dubai, Sept 17 (IBNS): The International Cricket Council (ICC) on Wednesday said West Indies player Darren Bravo has been found guilty of a Level 1 breach of the ICC Code of Conduct during the fourth and final day’s play in the second Test against Bangladesh in St. Lucia on Tuesday.

Bravo was found to have breached Article 2.1.8 of the ICC Code of Conduct for Players and Player Support Personnel, which relates to “…Where the facts of the alleged incident are not adequately or clearly covered by any of the above offences, conduct that either : (a) is contrary to the spirit of the game; or (b) brings the game into disrepute.”

" Bravo had been warned on several occasions not to approach and verbally offend the opposition batsmen and repeatedly failed to heed the umpires’ instructions. Bravo disputed the offence and a formal hearing was then conducted by ICC Match Referee Roshan Mahanama, with the charge having initially been brought by on-field umpires Stephen Davis, Richard Illingworth, Third Umpire Marais Erasmus and Fourth Umpire Peter Nero. Mr Mahanama found the player guilty and issued a fine of 30 per cent of his match fee," the ICC said in a statement.

Following the hearing, ICC Match Referee Mahanama said: “The umpires felt that the player’s behaviour brought the game into disrepute and he was reminded of his responsibilities to extend respect at all times to both his opponent and to match officials.”

  

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.