February 20, 2026 11:10 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message

CBFC objects to the word 'intercourse' in Shah Rukh Khan's next Jab Harry Met Sejal

| | Jun 23, 2017, at 02:17 am
Mumbai/New Delhi, June 22 (IBNS): CBFC chief Pahlaj Nihalani objected to the word 'intercouse' in the upcoming film Jab Harry Met Sejal, which features Shah Rukh Khan and Anushka Sharma in lead roles, media reports said on Thursday.

The CBFC did not permit the particular word which was seen in the second mini trailer of the film.

Nihalani said they have asked to edit the word from the film, but received no response yet.

However, the film makers do not need the certification of the censor board in digital platform and also CBFC is not authorised to take steps against the channel who aired the word, the chief added.

Jab Harry Met Sejal released its three mini trailers so far. Bollywood superstar Shah Rukh Khan himself shared the trailers on Twitter.

On Thursday, the third mini trailer of the film was released along with a song 'Radha'.

Nihalani was engrossed in several controversies earlier regarding his objection to films like Lipstick Under My Burkha, Udta Punjab. He called the film Lipstick Under My Burkha as 'lady-oriented film' and did not certify.

CBFC's objection to Jab Harry Met Sejal has once again raised the debate whether censor board's suggestions are justifiable in a progressive society.

Imtiaz Ali directed film is slated to release on Aug 4.

Jab Harry Met Sejal  is considered as one of the major releases of the year.

Image: Official twitter page of Red Chillies Entertainment.
 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.