May 20, 2026 11:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report

SC modifies order on firecracker sale in Delhi-NCR

| @indiablooms | Sep 12, 2017, at 08:27 pm
New Delhi, Sep 12 (IBNS) : The Supreme Court on Tuesday lifted its earlier ban on the sale of firecrackers in Delhi, but ordered that no new firecrackers should be allowed to enter the national capital aead of Dussehra and Diwali festivals this year, reports said.

While allowing the resumption of sale of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR  by lifting the suspension of permanent licenses, the apex court told the Police that up to a maximum of 500 temporary licenses should be issued to shopkeepers this year as the existing stock was enough.

The court also directed authorities to make sure that fireworks are not burst in silence zones and within 100 meters from hospitals, nursing homes, health centres, courts, religious places etc.

In November last year, the court had suspended all licenses for sale and retail of firecrackers in Delhi-NCR.

The court on Tuesday  said it may review the lifting of suspension of permanent licenses after Diwali depending on air quality.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.