May 20, 2026 11:04 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report

Portion of under-construction flyover collapses in Odisha, 1 killed

| | Sep 10, 2017, at 10:48 pm
Bhubaneswar, Sept 10 (IBNS): At least one person was killed and more than 15 others were injured after a portion of an under-construction flyover collapsed at Bomikhal in Odisha's capital Bhubaneswar on Sunday afternoon.

Bhubaneswar Police Commissioner Yogesh Bahadur Khurania told IBNS, "One is confirmed dead so far and over 15 persons have been rescued from the area and rushed to hospital. Our rescue operation is currently underway."

The deceased person has been identified as Satya Patnaik.

"The deceased has been identified as Satya Patnaik (40). We will start investigation into the matter after rescue operation ends and book everyone, who are responsible for the disaster," he added.

A senior official of Odisha Fire and Emergency Services told IBNS, "We have no specific information how many person are trapped under the wreckage. We are looking for survivors at the crash site."

More than 10 fire tenders, few cranes and several teams of Orissa Disaster Rapid Action Force (ODRAF) have joined the rescue operations.

Odisha government has announced an ex-gratia of Rs. 5 lakh to the next kin of deceased.

State Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik has condoled the loss of life in the incident.

Patnaik assured that the guilty will be punished.

He said high level enquiry into the tragedy has been instituted by the government.

The CM said two engineers have been placed under suspension.

"High-level enquiry instituted into mishap and exemplary action to be taken against guilty. Two engineers placed under suspension 2/2," CMO Odisha tweeted.

The Chief Minister announced Rs. 5 lakh ex-gratia has been announced for the bereaved family.{image_4}

"CM @Naveen_Odisha condoled loss of life in Bomikhal flyover collapse; ₹5 lakh ex-gratia for bereaved family & free treatment of injured 1/2," read another tweet posted by the CMO Odisha.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.