May 21, 2026 12:48 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report

Louis Berger scam : Gauhati HC orders CBI probe

| @indiablooms | Sep 02, 2017, at 07:59 pm
Guwahati, Sep 2 (IBNS) : The Gauhati High Court has ordered the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to probe the multi-crore rupees Louis Berger scam.

According to the reports, the  order came after the Criminal Investigation Department (CID) of Assam police failed to file a charge sheet before the court.

Following the court directive, the Assam government is likely to hand over case to CBI in next 2-3 days, a high level source in the state government said.

Earlier, the Assam police CID has so far conducted an investigation into the case and recovered various crucial papers.

Though the CID has submitted some documents before the court it has failed to submit a charge sheet in connection with the case.

The source said that, the some  secret documents pertaining to the scam may invite  trouble for  some bureaucrats and political leaders, who allegedly accepted crores of rupees as  bribe from the New Jerasy-based company for awarding contracts for the mega water supply project in Guwahati. 

Two organisations of Assam had moved to the Gauhati High Court seeking  intervention for a proper investigation.

The court had earlier slammed the CID for their negligence.

Recently, former Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi demanded a CBI probe into the alleged role of the present finance and education minister of the BJP-led Assam government. 


(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.