May 20, 2026 06:11 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report
Image: Wallpaper

Kashmir: Soldiers, LeT militants killed in Bandipora encounter

| @SaleemQadri_ | Oct 11, 2017, at 03:39 pm
Srinagar, Oct 11 (IBNS): Two militants and as many army men were killed in a fierce encounter at Hajin area of north Kashmir's Bandipora district on Wednesday.

According to sources, army's 13 RR and SOG launched a cordon-and-search at Rakh-e- Hajin village on Tuesday night, following inputs about the presence of some LeT militants in the area.

Jammu and Kashmir DGP SP Vaid tweeted, "Encounter in Rakh e Hajin Bandipore . Information about LET terrorists."

Hailing the soldiers, Vaid said in an ensuing tweet, "Salute to officers &a Jawans of SF & J&K Police. Great going."

As the joint team of forces intensified the searches on wee hours, the hiding militants opened fired, triggering a fierce gunfight between the two sides.

In the ensuing encounter, so far, two militants have been killed and their identity are being ascertained.

According to an official, six soldiers had sustained serious bullet wounds and were immediately moved to a military hospital for treatment.

However, two among the six soldiers were declared brought dead by the doctors on arrival, the officer said.

According to reports, the operation is still on.

 

(Reporting by Saleem Iqbal Qadri)
 

Image: wallpaper

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.