May 21, 2026 10:29 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report

Assam Rifles bust NSCN-K camp along Arunachal Pradesh-Nagaland border

| | Jul 11, 2017, at 03:40 am
Guwahati, July 10 (IBNS): Security forces on Sunday busted a camp of banned outfit NSCN-K in the jungle areas of Longding district along the Arunachal Pradesh-Nagaland border, officials said on Monday.

Following a tip-off, troops of Assam Rifles's Longding Battalion under the aegis of DAO Division launched a major operation at Pumao village of Longding district and destroyed a NSCN(K) temporary camp.

The militants of the outfit established the temporary camp deep into jungles along the Arunachal - Nagaland Border.

The militants of the banned Naga outfit group had been carrying out extortion and other subversive activities from this camp.

Kohima based Defence PRO Colonel Chiranjeet Konwer said that, security forces launched a swift operation surrounding the camp on the night of July 8.

"The militants of the group however using cover of darkness and foliage were able to escape, in the subsequent search which was carried out the next day the column found four temporary hutments and recovered rations, utensils and other administrative items. The hutments were destroyed and an FIR is being lodged at the time of filing of this report," Colonel Konwer said.

Security forces have been carrying out aggressive operations in the South Arunachal Pradesh and the busting of this temporary hideout has ensured that the underground cadres are not able to establish a permanent base in this area.


(Reporting by Hemanta Kumar Nath)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.