May 23, 2026 06:28 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
India-Pakistan
Pakistan Army's DG ISPR Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry. Photo Courtesy: X handle screengrab

No Indian pilot in custody: Pakistan

| @indiablooms | May 12, 2025, at 10:45 am

The Pakistani Army on Sunday dismissed all media reports and confirmed that no Indian pilot was in their custody.

Pakistan Army's DG ISPR Ahmed Sharif Chaudhry said during a press conference, as quoted by Samaa News: "There is no Indian pilot in our custody."

Chaudhry clarified amid multiple media reports and social media posts that went viral, which claimed an Indian woman pilot was taken into custody during the escalation of tension between the two nuclear-armed neighbours last week.

India confirms killing of 35-40 Pakistani soldiers

The Indian Army on Sunday said 35-40 Pakistani Army personnel were killed at the Line of Control between May 7 and May 10.

Speaking at a press briefing, a day after a ceasefire was agreed between India and Pakistan following escalated tension last week after India conducted Operation Sindoor on Wednesday as a response to the Pahalgam terror attack, DGMO Lieutenant General Rajiv Ghai said: "The Pakistan Army has reported to have lost approximately 35 to 40 personal in artillery and small arms firing on the Line of Control between 7th and 10th May."

He said 100 terrorists were killed during Operation Sindoor, which was conducted on May 7 across nine terrorist hubs located in PoK and Pakistan.

Ghai said the deceased terrorists included high-value targets such as Yusuf Azhar, Abdul Malik Rauf and Mudasir Ahmed, who were involved in the hijack of IC814 and the Pulwama blast.

Ceasefire

India and Pakistan agreed to a ceasefire effective 5 pm on Saturday after four days of intense military exchanges following Operation Sindoor, which was undertaken to strike terror bases in Pakistan and PoK in response to the April 22 Pahalgam attack.

However, hours after the deal, Pakistan, later in the night, violated the agreement along the LoC at multiple locations.

Foreign Secretary Vikram Misri said late Saturday night that within hours of the ceasefire declaration, Pakistan violated the agreement, prompting India to demand that Islamabad act responsibly and rein in the breaches.

“In the last few hours, there have been repeated violations of the understanding arrived at earlier this evening between the directors general of military operations of India and Pakistan,” Misri said in a press briefing on late Saturday night.

Meanwhile, curbs have been lifted across several cities on Sunday, even as the forces remained highly vigilant.

The India Air Force (IAF) in a statement on Sunday said it executed assigned tasks in Operation Sindoor, with precision and professionalism. Operations were conducted in a deliberate and discreet manner, aligned with National Objectives.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.