May 23, 2026 04:53 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
Pakistan
An image of a gun. Photo Courtesy: Unspplash

Levies official shot dead in Pakistan

| @indiablooms | Jun 02, 2025, at 06:46 pm

A Levies official died in a shooting incident in Mastung district and a roadside blast close to Quetta city in Pakistan's Balochistan province left two others killed on Saturday, media reports said.

The blast leaves nine others injured.

According to Levies sources, the official, identified as Rehan, was on his way home when some armed men opened fire on him in the Sui Tehsil Bazaar area of Dera Bugti, reported Dawn News.

The body was later shifted to a nearby hospital for medico-legal formalities.

The body has been handed over to the family.

A search operation was later launched to track down the attackers.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

Levies authorities have registered a case.

Meanwhile, close to Quetta, a blast left two people dead.

A heavy contingent of police and Frontier Corps rushed to the spot after the blast.

“We have received two bodies and nine injured, who were hit by splinters after the IED blast,” Dr Wasim Baig, the spokesman for the Civil Hospital told Dawn.

No group has claimed responsibility for the blast as well.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.