May 22, 2026 10:02 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Big twist in RG Kar case! Calcutta HC orders fresh probe into evidence destruction allegations | Pulwama mastermind Hamza Burhan shot dead in PoK by unknown gunmen: Reports | NIA arrests Kolkata man for spying for Pakistan intelligence network | Cockroach Janta Party X handle withheld! Founder Abhijeet Dipke launches comeback account | Bengal govt makes Vande Mataram compulsory in all madrasas, extends school directive | RBI on alert! Interest rate hike may be coming as rupee crashes to fresh low | Big relief for Maharashtra employees! Fadnavis govt hikes DA to 60% | Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial
PSL
National Stadium Karachi. Photo: Wikimedia Commons

Big blow to fans: PCB confirms PSL will have no spectators, venues reduced

| @indiablooms | Mar 22, 2026, at 06:46 pm

Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Mohsin Naqvi on Sunday announced that the upcoming edition of the Pakistan Super League (PSL) will be held without spectators as part of the government’s austerity measures.

The tournament is scheduled to begin on March 26 and will feature eight teams competing across 44 matches.

Speaking at a press conference, as quoted by Dawn News, Naqvi said the tournament would proceed as planned, despite the difficult decision to bar fans from stadiums.

“On one hand, 25,000 to 30,000 people would gather at stadiums, while on the other, we are asking people to limit their movement,” he said. “Until this crisis ends, we will not allow crowds in the stadiums.”

Naqvi acknowledged that the decision was not easy but necessary under the current circumstances.

Venues reduced

The PSL was initially set to be held across multiple cities, including Lahore, Karachi, Rawalpindi, Multan, Peshawar and Faisalabad.

However, the matches will now be restricted to Karachi and Lahore.

Assuring fans, Naqvi said those who had already purchased tickets would receive refunds within 72 hours.

“We cannot postpone the tournament as there is no available window later in the year,” he added, noting that the decision was taken in consultation with all franchises.

The austerity measures have been placed as an indirect effect of Israel's and USA’s war with Iran. The resultant fuel crisis has forced the government to limit the movement of public in the country.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.