August 22, 2026 06:11 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence | India hits back at Pakistan: Structures outside High Commission demolished in Delhi | ‘Don’t daydream about my bedroom’: Kangana Ranaut fires back at Ramdev over ‘Gen Z’ row | Jadavpur University erupts at midnight: ABVP-Left student groups clash over meeting, BJP-CPI(M) leaders trade barbs | Vijay govt calls for action to stop students, youth from joining CJP, Left protests | Kolkata hotel fire kills 9: Bengal Minister Agnimitra Paul targets ex-TMC govt, CESC over licences

PAK troops target 35 Indian posts in Jammu

| | Aug 25, 2014, at 05:07 pm
Jammu, Aug 25 (IBNS): In a continued act of ceasefire violation, Pakistani troops targeted 35 Indian posts at the international border in Jammu and Kashmir. Two civilians were injured in the firing, reports said.

The unprovoked firing from Pakistan, using heavy mortal shells and machine guns, on Border Security Force (BSF) posts at Ramgargh, Arnia, RS Pura and Kanachak sectors started late Sunday night (at around 10 pm). The Indian border-guarding agency also retaliated adequately. 

Earlier, Pakistani rangers had killed two civilians and injured seven others on August 23 while firing heavily at BSF posts near the international border at RS Pura sector in Jammu district.

According to police sources, PAK rangers had fired indiscriminately at BSF posts in RS Pura Sector resulting in the killing of two villagers, identified as Muhammad Akram and his 13-year-old son Aslam. Seven others were seriously injured in the firing and had been shifted to Government Medical College in Jammu for first aid.

Last week, over 2,000 villagers from three villages close to the international border in RS Pura sector had migrated to safer places.

On Saturday, Defence Minister Arun Jaitley had said that the Indian forces were responding effectively to these ceasefire violations by the Pakistani troops. He had said the Indian Army and the BSF were vigilant and the country should have faith in them as well.

There have been over 70 incidents of ceasefire violation by Pakistani troops since the Narendra Modi-led Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government came to power at the Centre. In the past two weeks such incidents have been reported almost every day along the international border in Jammu and Kashmir.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.