May 21, 2026 05:04 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Twisha Sharma death mystery deepens as crucial evidence ‘not shared’ during autopsy: Report | Balcony Smiles, Colosseum Walks and ‘Melodi’ Magic: Modi-Meloni Chemistry Has The Internet Swooning Again | Big relief signal for Umar Khalid, Sharjeel Imam? Supreme Court questions earlier bail denial | Left era ends in Kerala! V.D. Satheesan takes oath as CM after UDF’s massive comeback | Drone strike near UAE nuclear plant sparks panic—India calls it a ‘dangerous escalation' | Kathak to Garba: Indian diaspora stuns PM Modi with grand welcome in Amsterdam | ‘Geography or history’: Indian Army chief issues blunt warning to Pakistan over terror support | India, UAE ink key energy deals during Modi’s visit amid West Asia tensions | ‘There can be no better Bengal CM’: Mithun Chakraborty praises Suvendu Adhikari | PM Modi adviser Sanjeev Sanyal frontrunner for Bengal Finance Minister: Report
Pakistan Terrorism
Image: ISPR website

Pakistan: 4 soldiers die as terrorists attack Zhob garrison in northern Balochistan

| @indiablooms | Jul 12, 2023, at 09:45 pm

Islamabad: At least four Pakistani Army soldiers died while five others were injured as suspected terrorists launched a “dastardly attack” on the Zhob garrison in northern Balochistan region of Pakistan on Wednesday, media reports said.

In a statement, the Inter-Services Public Relations (ISPR) said that terrorists’ initial attempt “to sneak into the facility was checked by soldiers on duty”, reports Dawn News.

“In ensuing heavy exchange of fire, the terrorists have been contained into a small area at the boundary,” the ISPR said, adding that three “heavily armed terrorists” had been killed so far.

“A clearance operation by security forces is under way to apprehend remaining two terrorists as well,” the statement mentioned as quoted by Dawn News.

“Security forces remain determined to thwart all such ghastly attempts at destroying peace of Balochistan and Pakistan,” it added.

Balochistan Chief Minister Mir Abdul Qudoos Bizenjo has condemned the attack.

No group has claimed responsibility for the incident.

Pakistan has seen an uptick in terror activities, especially in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan, after the outlawed TTP ended its ceasefire with the government in November last year, reports Dawn News.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.