February 17, 2026 09:30 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

Thank you friends for your love and support: Saina on Padma Bhushan award

| | Jan 03, 2015, at 10:57 pm
Hyderabad, Jan 3 (IBNS): Indian Badminton star Saina Nehwal on Saturday thanked her fans for supporting her at a time when the Union Sports Ministry decided to reject her application for the prestigious Padma Bhushan award.

In her Twitter homepage, Saina said : "Thank u friends for ur love and support."

Saina has expressed her disappointment over the decision taken the Sports Ministry over the Padma Bhushan award.

In a series of tweets, Saina expressed her thoughts on the issue, as she said: "I got the Padma Shri in 2010 and there is a policy that u can get the next Padma award only after 5 years and this year I completed my five years."

"When I sent my file in 2014 for the Padma Bhushan award the ministry said u have to follow the rules and submit the application after 5 Years so my file got rejected last year and I again applied this year for the award . I read that Sushil Kumar name is recommended by the Sports ministry and he is not completed 5 years as a special case but even i won the Olympic bronze medal in 2012 and won many titles in 2014," Nehwal said.

"I won the commonwealth games gold in 2010 and I m world number 4. As a player we feel good when we get such a great award and it motivates .I hope sports ministry look up to this and I will be more than happy if both me and Sushil gets the award as we both won medals in 2012. Olympics . But I think rule is rule for me they said u have to wait for 5 years to get the award," he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.