February 22, 2026 06:49 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Death threat
Image Courtesy: wikipedia.org

'We have best shooters in India': Reliance chairman Mukesh Ambani receives death threat

| @indiablooms | Oct 29, 2023, at 03:55 am

Mumbai: Reliance Industries chairman Mukesh Ambani was given a death threat earlier this week via an email, media reports said.

In the email sent on October 27, the perpetrator threatened to kill Mukesh Ambani if he did not pay Rs 20 crore.

"If you don't give us 20 crore rupees, we will kill you. We have the best shooters in India," the email said, according to police, reported NDTV.

The sender of the alleged mail was Shadab Khan, police said, adding that a complaint was registered after security officials at Ambani's Mumbai residence, Antilia, informed them, according to the report.

Police have filed the case under Indian Penal Code (IPC) sections 387 (putting a person in fear of death or of grievous hurt in order to commit extortion) and 506 (2) (criminal intimidation), the report said.

A massive manhunt has been initiated to nab the person who sent the mail.

Mukesh Ambani has received death threats a number of times before.

A man from Bihar was, earlier, arrested for making anonymous calls threatening to kill Ambani and his family members by “blowing up” the HN Reliance Foundation Hospital along with the Ambani family residence 'Antilia' in south Mumbai.

In 2021, an SUV loaded with explosives was discovered near Ambani's residence in the southern part of Mumbai. The person who owned the SUV, businessman Hiran, was found dead in a creek in the adjacent Thane area on March 5 of the same year.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.