February 22, 2026 01:24 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Uttarakhand
Image courtesy: Videograb from Twitter

Under-construction tunnel collapses in Uttarakhand, several workers feared trapped

| @indiablooms | Nov 12, 2023, at 06:53 pm

Dehradun/IBNS: Several workers are feared trapped inside a tunnel in Uttarakhand after a part of the under-construction structure collapsed on Sunday. 

Rescue operations are on and attempts are being made to open the tunnel for rescuing the trapped workers.

The tunnel is meant to connect Silkyara to Dandalgaon in Uttarakhand's Uttarkashi.

It is being built under the Char Dham Road Project and aims to reduce the journey from Uttarkashi to Yamunotri Dham by 26 kilometres.

Police said the incident occurred around 4 am when a 150-metre-long portion of the four-and-a-half-kilometer-long tunnel collapsed.

As information about the incident was received, the district administration sounded an alert and Uttarkashi Superintendent of Police Arpan Yaduvanshi reached the spot.

The rescue operations are being conducted by the State Disaster Relief Force (SDRF) and the police.

According to reports, 40 workers are feared trapped. Authorities said that nearly 200 metres of the slab will have to be cleared to open the tunnel.

A narrow opening has been made to insert an oxygen pipe in the tunnel and help the trapped labourers.

No casualties have been reported so far.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.