February 22, 2026 08:53 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Harnek Singh
Three Khalistani men sentenced for attempted murder of radio host Harnek Singh. Photo Courtesy: Harnek Singh Instagram page

Three Khalistani men sentenced in New Zealand for attempted murder of Indian-origin radio host

| @indiablooms | Dec 03, 2023, at 06:31 pm

At least three suspected Khalistan extremists have been convicted of the attempted murder of an Auckland-based popular radio host Harnek Singh, media reports said.

Sukhpreet Singh, 44-year-old, was found guilty of being an accessory, and Sarvjeet Sidhu, 27-year-old, pleaded guilty to attempted murder, The Australia Today reported.

One man is an Auckland resident and has been given one of the longest possible prison sentences for the crime, The Australia Today reported quoting NZ Herald.

Harnek Singh, also known as Nekki, suffered over 40 stab wounds when he was ambushed by a group of religious fundamentalists on Dec 23, 2020.

Harnek Singh had been followed by three cars full of men and was stabbed “within an inch of his life”, the news portal reported.

He locked the door of his ute and began pounding on the horn, attracting the attention of neighbours as the attackers bashed in his window.

The police told the court that Singh would have bled to death from his extensive stab wounds.

Harnek Singh required over 350 stitches to his head and upper body and multiple surgeries due to the attack.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.