February 22, 2026 04:51 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Death threat
Photo courtesy: Wikipedia

Telangana teen arrested for alleged involvement in death threats to Mukesh Ambani

| @indiablooms | Nov 05, 2023, at 02:10 am

Mumbai: A 19-year-old person from Telangana has been arrested for alleged involvement in sending threatening messages to Reliance Industries Chairman Mukesh Ambani, media reports said.

The accused, identified as Ganesh Ramesh Vanapardhi, has been remanded to police custody until November 8.

Last week, the industrialist received three emails, each demanding large sums of money.

Following the receipt of the first email, which sought Rs 20 crore from an unidentified sender, a complaint was lodged in Mumbai on October 27 by the industrialist's security personnel.

Subsequently, the company received another email demanding Rs 200 crore a few days later.

A third threat indicated that Ambani would face harm if he did not pay Rs 400 crore.

During the course of the investigation, it was learned that the email address was linked to an individual named Shadab Khan, and the emails originated from Belgium.

Authorities are currently probing whether this is the actual identity of the person or if the emails were sent using a false identity.

This incident is not the first time that Mukesh Ambani has received threats on his life. Last year, the Mumbai Police arrested a man from Bihar for making anonymous calls, threatening to target Mukesh Ambani and his family members.

The caller had made threats to "blow up" the HN Reliance Foundation Hospital as well as the Ambani family residence, 'Antilia,' located in south Mumbai.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.