February 18, 2026 04:39 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Tamil Nadu
Photo Courtesy: Pixabay

Tamil Nadu: 13 girls sexually abused during fake NCC camp in school

| @indiablooms | Aug 19, 2024, at 08:04 pm

At least 13 girls were allegedly sexually abused during a fake National Cadet Corps (NCC) camp at a private school in Krishangiri region of Tamil Nadu recently, media reports said.

The camp was held on the campus of the school from August 5 to August 9.

One of the girls was sexually assaulted while 12 others were sexually harassed, police told The Week.

Police said 11 people have been arrested so far.

Read details about Kolkata rape horrorNo faith in Mamata Banerjee: RG Kar rape-murder victim's father amid CBI probe

The main accused in the case, who was identified as Sivaraman, was arrested on Monday.

He is accused of sexually abusing the girls during the camp.

 Sivaraman, who was the Kirshnagiri East district secretary of Naam Tamilar Katchi youth wing, was booked under POCSO Act and BNS sections, The Week reported.

School principal A. Sathish Kumar, school's correspondent Samson Wesley and two teachers have been arrested for not informing the police after girls informed them about the harassment.

Police are investigating whether similar incidents were held in other schools.

Also ReadKolkata doctor rape-murder: Supreme Court takes suo moto cognizance of incident, hearing to take place on August 20

The incident came to light amid the ongoing CBI probe into the rape and murder of a PG trainee doctor in a state-run hospital in Kolkata.

The incident has triggered nationwide protests.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.