February 20, 2026 09:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
LS polls
Photo courtesy: X/INC

Sons of Kamal Nath, Ashok Gehlot feature in Congress's second list of 43 candidates

| @indiablooms | Mar 13, 2024, at 06:40 am

New Delhi/IBNS: The Indian National Congress on Tuesday released the second list of 43 candidates for the Lok Sabha elections from Assam, Gujarat, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand, Daman Diu, and Madhya Pradesh.

Next-generation leader Gaurav Gogoi will contest from Jorhat Assam while Kamal Nath's son Nakul will contest from Chindwara in Madhya Pradesh.

Vaibhav Gehlot, son of Ashok Gehlot, will fight from Jalore. He had lost the election from Jodhput to Gajendra Singh Shekhawat in 2019. This time, several surveys were conducted before he chose a new constituency. Jalore is adjacent to his hometown Jodhpur.

Rahul Kaswan who joined the Congress on Monday after quitting the BJP will contest from Churu, Rajasthan.

Addressing a press conference here, party general secretary K C Venugopal said that the Congress Central Election Committee, under the leadership of party President Mallikarjun Kharge, has finalised the second list of candidates for the 2024 Lok Sabha elections.

The panel has selected 43 candidates to contest from Assam, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Uttarakhand and Daman & Diu.

He said the 2024 Lok Sabha election will be fought based on poor versus rich.

“Our guarantee is to address the issues of youth, farmers, women, SCs and STs. Our agenda is the people's agenda while the BJP's divisive agenda,” Venugopal said.

He said 10 candidates were from the general category, while 33 others belonged to SC, ST, OBC, and minority groups.

The Congress general secretary further said that 25 candidates were below the age of 50, eight candidates were in the age group of 51–60 and 10 were in the age group of 61-70.

Earlier on March 8, the party had released the first list comprising 39 candidates.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.