February 20, 2026 09:47 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
borewell
Photo Courtesy: Unsplash

Man dies after falling in DJB’s borewell, Delhi Police recover body

| @indiablooms | Mar 10, 2024, at 11:01 pm

Hours after the incident, the Delhi Police recovered the body of a 30-year-old man from the borewell of the Delhi Jal Board’s sewage treatment plant in Keshopur on Friday.

In a social media post on X, Delhi Water Minister and Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) leader Atishi informed that the NDRF team had recovered the body of a man who fell into the borewell.

Atishi said, “According to initial information, the deceased was a male aged around 30 years.”

She further said, “Police will investigate how the deceased person entered the borewell room and how he fell inside the borewell.”

Atishi also directed the chief secretary, Naresh Kumar, to conduct an investigation and take exemplary action in the matter.

In a notice, Atishi asked the chief secretary to conduct a time-bound inquiry into the incident and to ensure all government and private abandoned borewells were welded and sealed immediately, with a compliance report due within 48 hours.

“A deeply unfortunate incident has taken place in Delhi today; someone has fallen into an abandoned borewell in the Keshopur Sewerage Treatment Plant,” she said.

“While this borewell was on land that had been handed over to Delhi Metro in 2020, nonetheless, it is our responsibility to examine if any lapses have taken place on the part of the Delhi Jal Board and to ensure that no such incident takes place in Delhi in the future,” the Minister added.

(With UNI inputs)

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.