February 22, 2026 03:05 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
#IsraelHamasWar
Image of destruction in Gaza/ courtesy: UNI

Israel-Hamas conflict: India calls for immediate de-escalation

| @indiablooms | Nov 10, 2023, at 06:13 am

New Delhi/IBNS: India Thursday urged Israel and Hamas to de-escalate the situation to resume direct peace negotiations towards a two-state solution.

Addressing the weekly press briefing, MEA Spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said, "We made our position very clear on multiple occasions during the UNGA debate. We have strongly condemned the horrific attack on Israel, urged the need for zero tolerance for terrorism and called for immediate and unconditional release of hostages."

The Ministry of External Affairs spokesperson said India has also shared its concern over the rising death toll of civilians during the conflict.

Reiterating India's support for a two-state solution for resolving the Israel-Palestine issue, Bagchi said, "We have also urged the parties to de-escalate violence and work towards creating conditions for early resumption of direct peace negotiations towards a two-state solution."

The MEA spokesperson pointed out that India sent 38 tonnes of humanitarian relief material and emphasised strict observance of international humanitarian law.

In response to a question on reports of Indian workers' replacement in Israel, he said that they are working to ensure the safety of Indians working as caregivers in Israel.

On the issue of Qatar's court awarding the death penalty to eight Indians, the spokesperson said that the judgement is confidential and has only been shared with the legal team.

Bagchi said further legal steps are being pursued in the matter and an appeal has been filed.

He urged everyone to not engage in speculation, considering the sensitive nature of the case.

"The Ministry will remain engaged with the Qatari authorities on this matter and will continue to extend all legal and consular assistance," Bagchi said.

On November 7, the Indian Embassy in Qatar received another consular access to the detainees.

He said they are in touch with the family members and External Affairs Minister Dr S Jaishankar met them earlier this month in New Delhi.

[With UNI inputs]

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.