February 20, 2026 09:45 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Meghalaya
Representative image/ credit: Pixabay

IED blast in Meghalaya leaves one injured

| @@indiablooms | Mar 10, 2024, at 06:12 pm

Shillong/IBNS/UNI: One person was injured in an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) blast at Shillong City Bus Syndicate in Meghalaya late Saturday night, police said on Sunday.

No group has claimed responsibility for the attack.

“We have established that an IED was the source of the blast. We are now investigating how and who triggered the blast. The bomb squad and forensic experts are analysing the evidence at the site,” Rituraj Ravi, the district police chief of East Khasi Hills, told UNI over the phone.

He said the blast occurred inside a small abandoned tin structure near the syndicate bus stand at around 10:30 p.m.

“The damage was confined only to the tin structure and a few window panes nearby, Ravi said.

Secretary of Harijan Panchayat Committee (HPC) Gurjit Singh said that one of the residents from Sweepers Colony, identified as Lakhan Singh, sustained minor injuries in the incident.

He said the injured person had been discharged from the hospital after administering first aid.

Expressing concern about the IED blast last night, Singh urged the government to ensure security for the people residing in the colony and emphasised that such incidents should not occur.

“We have spoken to the Home Department to provide us more security following the blast,” the HPC Secretary said.

When asked, Singh said, “We cannot suspect anyone and let the government investigate it.”

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.