February 19, 2026 09:51 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Kuwait Fire
Photo courtesy: Screenshot grab from X video

IAF special flight carrying mortal remains of 45 Indians killed in Kuwait fire lands in Kochi

| @indiablooms | Jun 14, 2024, at 04:34 pm

New Delhi/Kochi/IBNS: A special flight of Indian Air Force (AIF) carrying the mortal remains of 45 Indians killed in the Kuwait fire reached Kochi on Friday morning.

Among 45, the majority are from Kerala (24) and Tamil Nadu (7). 

Kerala Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan reached Ernakulam to receive the mortal remains.

Minister of State for External Affairs, Kirti Vardhan Singh, who went to Kuwait to take stock of the situation and assist in the repatriation, is also onboard the special flight.

The flight, which reached Kerala at around 10:30 am, will head to Delhi.

The incident happened at 6 am local time (9 am IST) on Wednesday.

The fire started in a kitchen in the six-storey building which had 160 people living in it and some succumbed to death as they jumped off the fifth floor to escape.

An inquiry has been initiated into the matter.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi held a high-level meeting at his residence over the tragedy on the same day.

Kuwait's health ministry said the injured had been admitted to several hospitals; the majority were sent to Al-Adan, but some were also sent to Farwaniya Hospital, Al-Amiri, and Mubarak Hospital.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.