February 20, 2026 12:03 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Terror attack
Image credit: Videograb

IAF soldier killed, 5 injured in J&K convoy attack by terrorists

| @@indiablooms | May 05, 2024, at 02:23 pm

Srinagar/IBNS: An Indian Air Force soldier was killed in action and five others were injured as two vehicles, including one belonging to the IAF, came under heavy terrorist fire in the Surankote area of Jammu and Kashmir's Poonch district, media reports said.

Of the five injured, one airman is reportedly critical. They were all airlifted to the Command Hospital in Udhampur for further treatment.

Reinforcement was rushed to the area and counter-terror operations are underway. "The local Rashtriya Rifles unit started cordon and search operations in the area," NDTV quoting sources in the security forces.

The IAF said its convoy, which came under attack near Shahsitar, had been secured.

"An Indian Air Force vehicle convoy was attacked by militants in the Poonch district of J&K, near Shahsitar. Cordon and search operations are underway presently in the area by local military units. The convoy has been secured, and further investigation is under progress," it said.

This is the first major attack on the armed forces this year in the region which witnessed a series of terror attacks on the army last year.

Visuals from after the attack showed at least a dozen bullet holes on the windscreen of the vehicle that came under fire.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.