February 18, 2026 11:32 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback
Representative image/ courtesy: Pixabay

CBI files first FIR in NEET scam; names candidates, parents and kingpins

| @indiablooms | Aug 02, 2024, at 06:41 am

New Delhi/IBNS: The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has named 13 people, including four candidates, a junior engineer, and two kingpins in its first chargesheet in the NEET-UG paper leak case on Thursday, reports said.

The paper leak for the medical entrance exam had sparked nationwide protests in several parts of the country and prompted demands for a re-test, but the Supreme Court had ruled against that.

The apex court has said that there had not been a systemic breach.

Stating that the parents of some students were also named in the document, officials from the CBI said that the agency will also file at least one supplementary chargesheet as the investigations are in an advanced stage.

Nitish Kumar and Amit Anand are the two kingpins while the four candidates who feature in the chargesheet are Ayush Kumar, Anurag Yadav, Abhishek Kumar, and Shivnandan Kumar.

Sikander Yadvendu, a junior engineer from Bihar's Danapur Town Council, is also named in the document.

All 13 accused, including the four examinees, were booked under sections dealing with criminal breach of trust and criminal conspiracy.

During its investigation so far, the CBI believes that Nitish Kumar, a resident of Patna's Gopalpur, is the main accused and allegedly one of four "setters". He, along with Amit Anand and Sikander Yadvendu, hatched a conspiracy to leak the paper for a price of ₹ 30-32 lakh per student.

The probe also revealed that Yadvendu had told Kumar and Anand that he had four students who were ready to buy papers. "Four students were called by Amit on the night of May 4 (the eve of the exam) and made to solve the leaked question paper and memorise answers," states the chargesheet.

An official said the CBI utilised advanced forensic techniques, artificial intelligence, CCTV footage and location analysis, among others, to gather evidence against the accused, which has been presented before the court.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.