February 21, 2026 07:19 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Mumbai
Image credit: Videograb od the bulldozing action

Bulldozer action in Mumbai after clashes took place over Ram Temple inauguration rally

| @indiablooms | Jan 24, 2024, at 04:46 am

Mumbai/IBNS: Bulldozers, escorted by a large force of police and security personnel, have brought down "illegal" constructions in Mumbai's Mira Road suburb, which saw violence before and after the Prime Minister Narendra Modi-led 'pran pratishtha' ceremony of the Ram Mandir in Ayodhya on Monday.

According to police, 15 "illegal" properties in the area have been bulldozed, an experiment initiated by the Uttar Pradesh government and then followed by several other BJP-led states against criminals.

Videos of the incidents from Sunday evening and Monday afternoon after the pran pratishtha ceremony, many of which were widely shared on social media, showed two groups throwing stones at each other.

By Monday night, the police arrested over a dozen people in connection with the clashes, which erupted as a Shri Ram Shobha Yatra was passing through Mira Road's Naya Nagar area.

The procession, which had cars and bikes with saffron flags, was attacked by a mob with stones, police said, adding some people were injured in the incident.

The police said the "illegal" encroachments by the accused are being bulldozed, an experiment initiated by the Uttar Pradesh government and then followed by several other BJP-led states against criminals.

The mob also vandalised the cars with stones and sticks, they said.

Maharashtra Deputy Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis warned on Monday night that "anyone trying to disrupt law and order" in the state would be punished severely.

"The complete details of the incident in the Naya Nagar area of Mira-Bhyander were taken last night only. I was in constant touch with the Mira-Bhyander Police Commissioner till 3.30 am Monday."

"Police have been instructed to take strict action against the accused. In this case, 13 accused have been detained so far and the process of identifying the other accused is underway by checking the CCTV footage. Anyone trying to disrupt law and order in Maharashtra will not be tolerated," he said.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.