February 22, 2026 10:23 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Bengaluru
Image Credit: Pixabay

Bengaluru: Several schools receive bomb threats, evacuated

| @indiablooms | Dec 01, 2023, at 07:14 pm

Bengaluru/UNI: Confusion prevailed on the premises of at least 15 schools in different parts of the city after they received bomb threats through anonymous emails on Friday.

The emails mentioned that bombs were planted in the schools, which caused panic among students, parents, and school authorities, resulting in the school management evacuating the premises as a precautionary measure.

Bengaluru police swung into action on a tip-off from the affected schools and immediately deployed search operation personnel to find out if the explosives were planted on school premises.

As of now, the emails look like hoaxes, Bengaluru Police Commissioner B Dayananda said, and appealed to parents not to panic.

"Last year too, a mischief-monger sent similar emails to many schools in the city," he said.

On investigating the threat emails, police found out that a minor from Tamil Nadu was the culprit who used the same application to send emails by creating a programme to mask the Internet Protocol (IP) address.

NEEV School was the first among many to post a message on social media.

The school said, "We are encountering an unexpected situation in schools on Friday. The school has received a security threat from unknown sources. As we hold the safety of our children at the utmost priority, we have decided to disperse the students immediately."

"Kids are being sent home as per the advice of the bomb squad. We are evaluating the threat, but for safety, kids go home," it added.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.