August 24, 2026 05:14 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
‘Reservation for poor, not caste’: Stir at Delhi’s Jantar Mantar | Dalit woman 'gangrape-murder' shocker in Karnataka: 4 arrested after body found in well | India dismisses Pakistan's 'frustration' over US envoy's J&K remark | Centre denies US visit clearance to Telangana CM Revanth Reddy, says programmes 'not appropriate' | Delhi Police register FIR in pellet gun case after Rahul Gandhi's sit-in | Rahul Gandhi stages dharna at Delhi police station over CJP protest crackdown, targets Amit Shah | CJP school tour turns chaotic in Jaipur: Cars vandalised, stones pelted as Ashutosh Ranka alleges BJP ‘goons’ attack | Vande Mataram row: Kangana Ranaut slams Sharmila Tagore, says ‘come out of Hindu-Muslim mindset’ | Jadavpur erupts again: ABVP-SFI clash, police barricades shattered as fresh tension grips area | Ex-Congress MP and 1984 anti-Sikh riots convict Sajjan Kumar dies while serving life sentence

Pune hate crime: MHA seeks clarification

| | Jun 07, 2014, at 08:09 pm
New Delhi, June 7 (IBNS) The Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) on Saturday sought further clarification from the Maharashtra government into the Pune hate crime case.

Calling the situation a "law and order problem", the MHA said it is not satisfied with the present report submitted by the state government in this regard.

Meanwhile,  the Pune Police on Saturday said they have arrested as many as 252 people so far from different parts of the city for violence regarding derogatory pictures posted on social-networking site Facebook that led to the murder of a  IT professional.

They further said they are yet to track and arrest four more people who were involved in the murder.

On June 4, at least 13 people were arrested in connection with the case.

The arrested people reportedly belonged to a  radical outfit  the Hindu Rashtra Sena.

The victim, who was identified as Mohsin Sadiq Shaikh was attacked on Monday.

The attack is suspected to be connected with the uploading of a  derogatory pictures of Indian king Shivaji and late Shiv Sena supremo Bal Thackeray on social networking site Facebook.

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.