February 20, 2026 03:27 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Blast Threat
The city of Mumbai is on high alert after police received the threat message. Photo: ChatGPT recreation

Mumbai on high alert as Lashkar-e-Jihadi threatens to kill 1 cr people in blast ahead of Ganesh Visarjan

| @indiablooms | Sep 05, 2025, at 02:06 pm

Mumbai/IBNS: Mumbai, the financial capital of the country, is currently on high alert after police received a message threatening to kill one crore people in a bomb blast by an organisation named Lashkar-e-Jihadi, media reports said.

Police said a WhatsApp message from the group claimed "34 human bombs" of "400 kg of RDX" have been planted in 34 vehicles.

The blast will "shake the entire city", the threat message to the traffic police helpline said.

The threat was given on the eve of Anant Chaturdashi, a Hindu festival dedicated to Lord Vishnu.

Anant Chaturdashi also marks the last day of the ten-day Ganesh Chaturthi festival that is widely celebrated in Maharashtra.

Security across the state has been upgraded.

Ganesh Visarjan sees massive gatherings across Mumbai, with millions participating in immersion processions.

A threat of this scale—featuring explosives and human-bomb claims—could have catastrophic consequences, making public safety paramount. 

Earlier on Monday, a 43-year-old man was arrested for making a threat to blow up the Thane Railway Station. The call was later found to be a hoax.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.