February 21, 2026 02:08 pm (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Rahul Gandhi accused the govt of informing Pakistan about Operation Sindoor in advance. (Image credit: Video grab)

‘Misrepresentation of facts’: Centre on Rahul Gandhi’s claim India informed Pakistan before Operation Sindoor

| @indiablooms | May 17, 2025, at 11:39 pm

New Delhi: The BJP and the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) have hit out at Congress leader Rahul Gandhi for alleging that the government informed Pakistan in advance about Operation Sindoor, calling his remarks misleading and a distortion of facts.

On Saturday, Gandhi posted a video clip of External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar on X, in which the minister can be heard saying that a message had been conveyed to Pakistan during the operation, clarifying that India was targeting terrorist infrastructure and not military assets.

Gandhi interpreted this as confirmation that Pakistan was tipped off before the operation began, calling it a “crime”.

“EAM has publicly admitted that GOI did it,” the Congress MP claimed in his post, demanding to know who authorised the decision.

He further questioned whether the Indian Air Force suffered any losses as a result of the purported advance warning: “How many aircraft did our air force lose as a result?”

Responding sharply, the BJP accused Gandhi of spreading a false narrative and misrepresenting Jaishankar’s comments.

The MEA, too, issued a clarification on Saturday evening, stating that Gandhi’s interpretation of the timing was incorrect.

“The External Affairs Minister had stated that we had warned Pakistan at the start, which is clearly the early phase after Op Sindoor’s commencement. This is being falsely represented as being before the commencement. This utter misrepresentation of facts is being called out,” the statement said.

Earlier, the Press Information Bureau’s fact-checking unit had dismissed similar claims made by a journalist, reiterating that Jaishankar had not stated that Pakistan was informed prior to the operation.

“The social media post falsely implies from External Affairs Minister @DrSJaishankar’s statement that India informed Pakistan before the start of #OperationSindoor. EAM is being misquoted and he has not made this statement. Remain vigilant and avoid falling for deceptive information,” the PIB said in its Thursday post. 

 

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.