February 23, 2026 12:18 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Rahul Gandhi slams Modi as ‘compromised’, says PM can’t renegotiate India-US trade deal | Terror alert in Delhi: LeT may target Chandni Chowk with IED, say reports | US Supreme Court shocks Donald Trump on tariffs — but India may still end up paying more | PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit
Mohd Aohd Abdul Shoiab (L) is the lone survivor in the Medina crash. Photo: X.

Lone survivor of Medina tragedy: Hyderabad’s Abdul Shoiab cheats death as 42 pilgrims perish

| @indiablooms | Nov 17, 2025, at 09:05 pm

In a tragic night that claimed 42 Indian lives near Medina, one man- 24-year-old Mohd Abdul Shoiab from Hyderabad- survived the horrific bus crash that left families across Telangana shattered.

According to NDTV's sources, Shoiab had been sitting near the driver when the bus carrying Umrah pilgrims from Mecca to Medina collided head-on with a diesel tanker around 1:30 am (IST).

The impact triggered an inferno that engulfed the vehicle within moments. Officials believe there were around 46 passengers on board.

Shoaib has been admitted to a hospital in Saudi Arabia, though his current condition remains unknown.

The Indian consulate in Jeddah has opened a 24x7 control room to coordinate assistance for affected families, as shaken relatives scramble for updates.

External Affairs Minister S. Jaishankar, currently in Russia, said he was “deeply shocked” by the tragedy.

“Our embassy in Riyadh and consulate in Jeddah are giving fullest support to Indian nationals and families affected by this accident,” he posted, offering condolences and prayers for the injured.

Telangana Chief Minister A. Revanth Reddy also reacted with urgency after learning that several Hyderabad residents were among the victims. His office said he directed the chief secretary and the state police chief to gather complete information and stay in constant touch with the Ministry of External Affairs and Saudi authorities.

A control room has also been set up at the Telangana Secretariat to monitor developments and provide real-time information to anxious families. Chief Secretary K. Ramakrishna Rao has reportedly spoken to officials in Delhi and issued directives for immediate relief coordination.

As investigations continue into the cause of the late-night crash, Shoiab’s survival stands out as the lone glimmer of hope in one of the deadliest road accidents involving Indian pilgrims in recent years.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.