February 21, 2026 12:43 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
PM Modi warns ‘AI must not control humans’ as India unveils bold tech vision at AI Impact Summit 2026 | Former South Korean President Yoon Suk Yeol sentenced to life over failed martial law bid | Tata Group joins hands with OpenAI in massive AI push to transform India and global industries | Epstein Files row: Bill Gates to skip keynote address at AI Summit 2026 | AI Impact Summit: Google launches game-changing America-India Connect plan with $15 billion backing | AI takes centre stage as Modi meets Google CEO Sundar Pichai in Delhi | G7 Spotlight: Emmanuel Macron invites Narendra Modi for 2026 Summit | AI Summit embarrassment! Galgotias University asked to vacate stall after ‘own robot’ exposed as China’s Unitree Go2 | Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message
Delhi couple denied entry at restaurant over Indian attire. Photo: X/Kapil Mishra.

Delhi restaurant denies entry to couple over Indian attire, CM Rekha Gupta takes note

| @indiablooms | Aug 08, 2025, at 11:29 pm

A couple was allegedly denied entry into a Delhi restaurant for wearing Indian attire, the video of which has gone viral on social media and has invited flak for the eatery.

In the video, the couple can be seen narrating their ordeal after being denied entry to the restaurant located in Delhi's Pitampura area.

While others were allowed entry, the couple alleged that the restaurant manager misbehaved with them.

The person recording the video stated that the restaurant, which was not allowing people wearing Indian attire, had no right to function and should be shut down.

As the clip went viral, Delhi cabinet minister Kapil Mishra took cognisance of the matter, stating that Chief Minister Rekha Gupta had been apprised of the matter.

"This is unacceptable in Delhi. A video has surfaced showing a ban on Indian attire at a restaurant in Pitampura. This is unacceptable. CM @gupta_rekhaji has taken serious note of the incident. Officials have been directed to investigate the incident and take immediate action," Mr Mishra wrote.

In a subsequent post, Mishra informed that the restaurant owners will no longer impose any attire ban on customers for entry to their establishment.

"The operators of this Pitampura restaurant have accepted that they will no longer impose any restrictions based on attire and will welcome citizens coming in Indian attire. On Rakshabandhan, they will also offer some discounts to sisters coming in Indian attire," said Mr Mishra.

Meanwhile, restaurant owner Neeraj Aggarwal rejected the allegations, claiming that the couple were denied entry as they had not booked a table. He said the restaurant has no attire policy, adding that all customers are welcome.

The incident fuelled a debate on social media, with a section of social media users seeking action against the restaurant despite the CM's intervention.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.