February 17, 2026 02:44 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers
CUET
Representative image/ credit: Pixabay

'No retest for CUET': University panel chief on students missing entrance exam

| @indiablooms | Jul 16, 2022, at 05:15 am

New Delhi/IBNS: No retest will be held for those who missed Friday's Common University Entrance Test (CUET) for undergraduate admissions to central universities, University Grants Commission (UGC) chairman Mamidala Jagadesh Kumar said this evening.

This came after reports from several cities stated that students missed the paper due to sudden changes in exam centres.

The first-ever CUET is being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in two phases.

Of the 14.9 lakh students who registered across subjects, more than halfare in the first phase to be held on July 15, 16, 19 and 20. Phase 2 is in August.

However, the 197 candidates at West Bengal's New Jalpaiguri and Punjab's Pathankot, where the test was cancelled due to technical issues, are likely to get another chance, NTA officials have told news agencies.

Attendance was about 85 per cent on the first day, the UGC chairman said in a video statement sent to journalists.

He first gave details of arrangements of 5,000 security cameras, and 1,500 mobile-signal jammers being installed and then spoke to about the missed chances.

He said students had been advised to reach two hours in advance. There is a "grace period" of 30 minutes after the start of the exam, he said, after which "no one is allowed to take the exam".

Some news agencies reported earlier that NTA officials said students would get a second chance; but the UGC chairman said, "There is no way we can hold a retest for them."

Kumar further claimed that if students reached on time at a centre other than the one assigned, "they are allowed".

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.