February 18, 2026 06:01 am (IST)
Follow us:
facebook-white sharing button
twitter-white sharing button
instagram-white sharing button
youtube-white sharing button
Actor Rajpal Yadav granted interim bail in ₹9-crore cheque bounce case | Learn AI or become redundant: Microsoft India President issues stark message | India’s wholesale inflation rises to 1.81% in January as manufacturing prices surge | 'India at forefront of AI revolution': PM Modi welcomes world leaders to Delhi summit | Rs 5,000 to women ahead of Tamil Nadu polls! Vijay slams Stalin, says: ‘take the money, blow the whistle’ | Modi congratulates Tarique Rahman as BNP clinches majority in Bangladesh polls | Bangladesh Polls: Tarique Rahman-led BNP secures 'absolute majority' with 151 seats in historic comeback | BJP MP files notice to cancel Rahul Gandhi's Lok Sabha membership, seeks life-long ban | Arrested in the morning, out by evening: Tycoon’s son walks free in Lamborghini crash case | ‘Why should you denigrate a section of society?’: Supreme Court pulls up ‘Ghooskhor Pandat’ makers

No change in stand on holding class 10 exams: CBSE

| @indiablooms | Apr 29, 2020, at 03:10 pm

New Delhi/UNI: Central Board for School Education (CBSE), on Wednesday, sought to nip speculation regarding cancellation of Class 10 exams, clarifying that there had been no change in the board's decision regarding holding of the remaining exams for class 10 and 12.

Reiterating that the Board's decision to take board exams for 29 subjects of class 10 and 12 as mentioned in the April 1 circular had not changed, it said in a tweet: "Recently there has been a lot of speculation regarding 10th CBSE Board exams. It is reiterated that the Board's decision to take board exams for 29 subjects of class 10 and 12, stands the same as mentioned in circular dated 1.4.20."

Speculation had been rife about the possibility of the remaining exams being cancelled after Delhi Deputy Chief Minister Manish Sisodia, in the meeting of state education ministers with Human Resource Development minister on Wednesday demanded that CBSE should cancel all pending examinations in the interest of students.

CBSE denied all speculations about its Standard X and XII board exams getting cancelled and reiterated there was no change of position in holding board exams as stated in its April 1 circular.

Earlier, the board had released a detailed circular regarding the pending exams and has maintained that exams would be held as mentioned in the circular.

Accordingly, the Board will need at least 10 days to conduct the board exams in the event the Government lifts the lockdown on May 3.

Regarding evaluation details, the officials have stated that the exam paper evaluation for the CBSE Class 10 and 12 students will take at least one or one-and-a-half months to be completed. Reports suggest that only 30 per cent of the evaluation has been completed until now.

Nearly two crore papers from 36 lakh class 10 and 12 students are to be evaluated with the help of about two lakh teachers. Officials of the board have confirmed that a plan to conduct the evaluation process was in place.

CBSE had postponed the class 10 and 12 board exams following the COVID-19 outbreak in the country. At the time when the Government announced a 21-day lockdown from March 24, the board expected to conduct the remaining examinations after the lockdown was lifted.

For class 10 students, no pending exams will be held except for the subjects in which students in violence-hit North East Delhi could not appear in March.

Support Our Journalism

We cannot do without you.. your contribution supports unbiased journalism

IBNS is not driven by any ism- not wokeism, not racism, not skewed secularism, not hyper right-wing or left liberal ideals, nor by any hardline religious beliefs or hyper nationalism. We want to serve you good old objective news, as they are. We do not judge or preach. We let people decide for themselves. We only try to present factual and well-sourced news.

Support objective journalism for a small contribution.